Senior Marketing Manager / Growth Hacker – HK/TW
Skyscanner is looking for a highly motivated, experienced and creative Senior Marketing Manager to lead our Hong Kong and Taiwan squad. Leading with a Growth Hacking mentality, you will be responsible for driving user growth at scale across the 2 market(s) and developing leading market strategies to acquire and retain users and continuing to improve our brand recognition throughout Hong Kong and Taiwan.
The HK/TW Product Owner you will ultimately shape and lead the strategy on all the relevant social networks and deliver highly-creative social and content marketing campaigns.
The PO will be responsible for establishing and evolving the Squad mission as well as creating and driving the squad roadmap. This will include setting strong and stretching goals and OKRs to support the mission journey.
As the overall business owner for the markets you must also be obsessed with revenue performance for the market.
Experience & Character Traits
We believe the Internet Economy is primarily a people business – so leadership and mentoring are very important. You will be highly driven, motivated, smart, ambitious, team-orientated, analytically versatile and commercially astute. You should also have strong experience and insights into success with internet economy teams and technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of the 2 markets and a deep understanding of consumer behaviours in these markets
· You will thrive in an agile/lean environment and have experience using agile/lean techniques.
· You will be knowledgeable about the strategies of all substantial players in the HK & TW market in terms of product, traffic acquisition, growth tactics, monetisation, etc. and be able to “connect the dots” between the different disciplines involved.
· You will be an enthusiastic and authentic leader, empathetic but also driven and results focussed.
· You will have demonstrable experience in driving significant growth in a start-up environment or a big company for which you helped/led significant scaling
· You will have a Growth Hacking mentality which implies not only analytical thinking but also great creativity
· You will be a “Product Led” person with a great capability of spotting users’ needs and problems to solve and gather travellers’ insights.
· You will be obsessed by the metrics behind Customer Lifetime Value and be passionate to deliver growth strategies that maximise
The candidate is the overall business owner for the market so ideally also have strong commercial understanding and/or experience
Desired Skills and knowledge
- Creativity, enthusiasm, sense of humour; social media enthusiasm, passion for excellent content, awareness of cultural differences and tone of voice. Responsible and comfortable with accountability.
- Social Media Savvy: you will be expected to be familiar with the majority of social platforms around the world and have significant experience with the main Hong Kong and Taiwan social networks.
- Capable of giving creative input and leadership on content and a proven track record of creating social media viral marketing
- Experience of using analytics to guide social strategy and editorial policy
A curiosity to understand internet businesses and be able to understand and anticipate traveller’s needs, with a vision to create opportunities for growth.
Internet Economy Knowledge
· Familiar with TOC, Lean and Agile principles; regularly step changes theirs and others efficiency through automation. Actively seeks out and removes waste.
· Deep understanding of a 2-sided market place, how Skyscanner brings value to users / partners and what growth forces can be applied to accelerate the flywheel
· Strong Product sensibilities – demonstrates mobile first product led approach across a) 101 product issues (e.g. translations, localisation and user bugs) b) understanding the conversion funnel from acquiring to retaining users and c) developing product improvements to activate growth levers / impact revenue
· Software curiosity – leverages existing or creates new software to automate human activity to regularly step change impact
· An example learner – a thought leader in their subject matter and actively educates themselves and others in internet economy and competitor activity (through reading books and blogs - should be reading 30+ books per year), frequently blogs their own learnings internally and externally, including a significant proportion of fail forwards. Actively develops internal and external learning network and represents Skyscanner externally. Sets a standard to others on learning and subject matter expertise.
· A relentless problem solver - uses deep data analysis to uncover the core root causes of broad and complex issues and addresses
Commercial models – understand how Internet companies and/or Travel companies make money and the business levers to optimize this
· For given market(s) or domain:
· Sets a compelling vision for winning and how this can be achieved
· Deep knowledge and evangelist of state machine and user profile across acquisition, activation and retention transitions. Intimate knowledge of all aspects of market or domain performance, including user growth, return on investment and revenue
· Defines relevant user segments and needs, and applies these in setting growth strategy and experiments. Builds sophisticated multi-channel / market backlogs and scientifically and objectively iterates them with agility to maximise impact.
· Develops and sets stretching OKRs at squad level and drives achievement of them, actively inputs to development of Tribe OKRs and takes ownership for delivery of a subset of Tribe results.
· Is a thought leader within their Tribe in the derision and application of growth levers, including Organic, Viral Loops, Content marketing, Traveller communication (push notification, emails), Social media landscape, Influencers landscape, On-boarding, Partnerships and Referral Programs, as they apply to their given domain or market(s). Considered to be an expert by peers on two sided market Growth Strategies for a collection of complex markets or more than one channel.
· Understands and able to exploit synergies between search engine marketing, social, content, partnerships, paid media, PR and offline campaigns to optimise marketing mix for a number of channels globally, or across a region.
· Drives market or channel growth through innovative, data driven product experiments.
· Actively applies this knowledge to lead development and execution of aligned, compelling and innovative growth strategies that deliver forecasted growth and return.
Domain expertise - "Scientist" in at least 3 fields; "Experimenting" in all others
· Leads on application of the scientific approach, and analytical techniques in establishing, refining and scaling growth levers.
· An expert at analysing complex data sets from a wide variety of sources and drawing deep user and market actionable insights which they then pursue.
Advances other's skills in analytical techniques, through actively sharing learnings and enhancements in analysis techniques.
· Able to direct priorities and lead others to execute multiple strategically linked growth experiments/ initiatives at regional or global level simultaneously.
· Analyses problems and successfully formulates strategies and leads others in implementing solutions.
· Leads pragmatic and appropriate solutions amidst differing opinions and lead the team with a common goal
· Successfully articulates concepts, status and issues to a diverse audience.
· Mentors more junior team members. Effectively controls meetings and ensures successful outcomes.
- Advanced communication skills, with high EQ demonstrable by consistent high value delivered by those that work alongside or for them. Able to communicate and create buy in for the vision and interrelation of activities across product, channels and market. Owns significant budget.
Social Media Content Manager
Skyscanner is looking for a highly motivated, experienced and creative Social / Content Marketing Manager for the Hong Kong market to increase Skyscanner’s online presence and continue to develop its social media strategy, content strategy and brand recognition.
You will shape and lead the strategy in Hong Kong on all the relevant social networks, content strategy, contributing to improve our brand recognition and to deliver highly-creative social marketing campaigns and content campaigns.
- Be a fluent Cantonese speaker with good knowledge of the Hong Kong culture and travel habits
- Work closely and collaboratively with the other Hong Kong market team members including our Country Marketing Manager and our PR Manager
- Develop and continuously improve the social media strategy for the Hong Kong market, in collaboration with the other marketing team members in the Squad
- Assume responsibility on interactions across all relevant social platforms (Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, Google Plus, etc.) and identify opportunities of engagement with the target audience
- Lead the creation, distribution of high quality post with informational content and appropriate images
- Help in the creation, management and monitoring of social paid ads: copy writing or proof-reading; image uploading; budget, bidding and performance checks in collaboration with social marketing campaign managers
- Leading the creation, distribution and promotion of high quality, inspirational and informational content including feature articles, deals offerings, travel tips and advice, for the Skyscanner.com.tw website, email campaigns, and other areas of the business
- Develop the content strategy for Hong Kong market
- Identify opportunities to grow Hong Kong market
- Creativity, enthusiasm, sense of humour; social media enthusiasm, awareness of cultural differences and tone of voice
- Responsible and comfortable with accountability
- Social Media Savvy: you will be expected to be familiar with the majority of social platforms around the world and have significant experience with the main Hong Kong social networks
- Good copy-writing skills
- Previous social media campaigns conception and delivery Analytical skills; good excel knowledge
- +2 years in online content writing and social media platform management
• 作为团队的一员，致力于敏捷开发原则 ，你将会与整个公司的人有日常联络；