Ready to go? There are a few things to keep in mind. Know when to arrive at the airport, how to check bags, and select seats.
Other Check-In Options
If you don't check-in online, you have two other check-in options:
- At the airport using self-service kiosks in many airports
- At our full-service check-in counters
What you'll need:
- Passenger names as it appears in your reservation
- Frontier Airlines 6 character confirmation code
If you didn’t check in online, you can still save yourself some time by using the automated kiosks at the airport. To start, simply enter your confirmation code, scan your confirmation, or swipe your credit card, ID, or passport. You will be able to quickly view your itinerary, purchase carry-on bags, upgrade your seating, check bags, and print your boarding pass.
SERVICE COUNTER CHECK-IN
If you need some extra help with the check-in process, our customer service agents are always available to help you with traditional counter check-in, available in all airports. If you are traveling as an Elite level member of EarlyReturns®, we invite you to look for the priority check-in lane.
Check-In Cut Off
You must have your printed boarding pass in hand and have any baggage checked in by the following cutoff times:
- 45 minutes before your departure for domestic flights
- 60 minutes before your departure for international flights
These times are very important if you want to make your flight. If you haven’t already checked in online, you must be in line to check in at least 2 hours prior to departure to ensure you are checked-in with a boarding pass in hand no later than 45 minutes prior to your flight's departure.
Please be at the gate and ready to board no later than 30 minutes before departure. 10 minutes before departure you may lose your spots on the plane.
Pssst... Frontier Tip:
On the day of your travel, remember to give yourself plenty of time to get to the airport. If you don’t have your baggage checked and boarding pass in hand by the above times, you may miss your flight!
Check-In with Bags
YES, I'll be checking a bag
Be sure to check-in online so you can get:
- Faster service at the airport: Simply follow the "Bag Drop" signs at the Frontier airport check-in counter.
- The best bag prices: You always get the lowest price for your checked (and carry-on) bag(s) at FlyFrontier.com! Prices will be higher at the airport. Please note that you will still be responsible for paying any over sized and excess baggage charges at the airport. Items, like assistive devices, are exempt from baggage charges, and we can waive them at airport. All bags must be checked at the airport at least 45 minutes to departure. Baggage Policies
NO, I won't be checking a bag
You're on the fast track! You can skip the ticket counter line altogether and go straight to the security check if you checked-in online and printed your boarding pass!
Don't forget! Carry-on bag prices are more expensive at the airport. Purchase your carry-on before hand - you'll save and skip the check-in line!
Seats at Check-In
Wanna Choose your Seat?
You can pay to pick where you sit. Just select an available seat during online check-in. Whether you want to sit close to your party, have a little extra legroom with stretch seating, get a nice view from a window, or have a faster exit off the plane, you’ll be glad you selected your seat ahead of time.
If you don’t choose a seat, one will be randomly assigned to you at no additional cost, which means you may be separated from your party.
Find more info on your seating options.
Remember, your gate assignment and departure time could change due to operational requirements. You can easily stay updated by checking the flight monitors at the airport and by checking your Flight Status.
Be at your gate
We recommend being at the gate well ahead of your flight. We will usually begin boarding about 30 to 35 minutes before departure time, so it’s important to be at the gate and ready to board at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure. If you are not at the gate by this time, your reservation may be cancelled and you may lose your seats on the plane.
Who Boards our planes first
- Passengers with Special Needs - Includes unaccompanied minors, anyone needing wheelchair, and other boarding assistances. For discretion, no announcement will be made for special needs boarding. Therefore, if you know you require assistance with boarding, please check-in with the our agent when you arrive at the gate so that they know you need to board first.
- Zone 1— Offered to those who purchased a carry-on bag or purchased one of our bundles, the WORKS℠ or the PERKS℠, and Elite-level members of our EarlyReturns® frequent flyer program.
- Courtesy Boarding — Available to families traveling with small children (under 3 years of age) and any other passengers requiring additional time or assistance with boarding.
- Zones 2, 3, and 4 — Called in order, these zones move progressively from the back of the aircraft forward.